Communication, the process of exchanging information through a common set of symbols, has been the essence of humanity for thousands of years. Based on the study of rhetoric and branching out into all fields of human communication, this area of study is inclusive of most types of human communication. For the individual who is curious about the different ways to communicate and how to communicate effectively in all sorts of environments to all sorts of people, this is an excellent field of study. A degree in Communication is especially suitable for people who enjoy working with other people and who enjoy speaking in public.
The Communication degree program at UCCS studies many types of communication (oral, family, non-verbal, professional, intercultural, etc). It explores the best way to adjust to make sure that the messages is received and understood. The Communication Department Undergraduate Program offers the following degree track options: General Communication, Media Studies, Digital Filmmaking, Professional Communication (Organization, Strategic, Leadership), and Sports Communication. Students may also earn a General Communication degree completely online.
- Public Relations Specialist / Public Affairs
- Marketing / Sales representative
- Mediator / Negotiator*
- Advertising / Marketing Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Corporate Communications
- Speech Language Pathologist*
- Event / Conference Planner
- Film / Video Editor
- Social Media Specialist
- Theater / Performing Arts / Film
- International Relations*
- Training & Development Specialist
*May require additional education or certification
- 2016 Annual median salary for Public Relations Specialists is $53,030; employment is expected to grow 21% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Training & Development Specialists is $65,470; employment is expected to grow 27% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Film / Video Editors is $62,760; employment is expected to grow 15% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Event Planners is $41,230; employment is expected to grow 44% by 2024.
Go to http://studentlife.uccs.edu/, click on Club Resources. Or, search through Mountain Lion Connect. You can also contact the Student Life Office for more information, (719) 255-3470 or email@example.com
For More Information
T. Rowe Price Career and Innovation Center