Kay Yoon, Ph.D.
Kay Yoon joined the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs in the fall of 2017 as an associate professor. Previously, she taught at DePaul University for 11 years. She studies knowledge-sharing processes in work teams, with a particular attention to cognitive, communicative, and sociocultural barriers to effective knowledge-sharing processes. Her recent investigations are concerned with the impact of social media technologies on knowledge management in contemporary work teams. She teaches a broad range of topic areas within the realm of Team and Organizational Communication at both undergraduate and graduate levels, including Team Processes, Leadership, Diversity, and Virtual Teams.
- Ph.D. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.A. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, Korea
- COMM 2440: Leadership Theory and Practice
- COMM 3150: Team Communication
- COMM 4600/5600: Virtual Teams
- COMM 4280/5990: Multicultural Diversity and Workplace Communication